As a funeral arranger you’ll be a primary contact for clients, handling funeral arrangements, customer enquiries and sales within the branch. You will be expected to maintain our customer service processes and standards.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm
Key Duties and Areas of Responsibility
• To receive clients and to establish client’s needs and recommend appropriate course of action.
• To arrange funerals and to organise viewings, ensuring client’s requirements are met.
• To be available to meet requests from clients to conduct viewings.
• To assist in moving deceased in preparation for clients to view.
• To deal with client’s enquiries relating to funeral products and services.
• To manage client’s expectations and to clarify subsequent steps.
• To collect all necessary information, including payment details, required to progress the client’s enquiry or sale.
• To liaise with Clergy, Local Authorities and other organisations for the securing of essential outside funeral related services.
• To realise opportunities to offer the full range of products and services available to clients adopting a sensitive approach at all times.
• To promote and offer our bespoke Pre-Payment Funeral Plans where possible.
• To receipt bank payments & charitable donations from clients. To manage and maintain petty cash.
• To input/complete funeral and associated services data/information, and to check for accuracy.
• To undertake training and development to improve own skills and knowledge in house.
• To advise Management regarding building/equipment maintenance requirements.
• To secure premises and assets and to assist in cleaning duties within both public and private areas of the branch.
• To comply with the company’s policies and procedures on health, safety and hygiene and report all infringements where identified.
• To observe the company’s identification procedures at all times.
• Carry out other duties as may be required and which are consistent with the responsibilities of the post
Skills and Experience
• To have the ability to work under pressure, use initiative and prioritise own workload.
• To have excellent people skills, and the ability to counsel clients showing empathy at all times.
• To have an organised and methodical approach, achieving high standards in presentation and accuracy
• Basic secondary education demonstrated through effective written and verbal communication skills
• Good keyboard skills and experience of Microsoft products.
• A flexible approach to working hours is also required
• Previous work/life experience requiring involvement within the local community desirable
• Car driver is desirable